A walk around the picturesque garden suburb built from scratch by the Cadbury family to house their workers when they moved their factory from the Birmingham slums a century ago. The streets of Bournville are where I first taught myself photography, exploring this fascinating place with my camera while learning it’s history. Lots of stories to tell!
Suitable for: All levels of photography and all cameras.
Accessibility: Mostly pavements and parks. Pretty good accessibility.
Frequency: Monthly-ish all year.
Starting point: The Rest House in the middle of Bournville Green at 12pm.
Standard price: £10
|City at Night||Feb 11||£15||Sold Out|
|Jewellery Quarter||Mar 29||£10||Book|
|Spaghetti Junction||Apr 26||£15||Book|
|Jewellery Quarter||Jun 27||£10||Book|
|Walk Pass||12 months||£45||Buy Now|
Walks for late 2020 will be scheduled late Spring. Subscribe to the newsletter to be informed when they’re ready.
What is a Photo Walk?
More a meander than a march, Photo Walks usually cover a mile in 90 minutes, mixing in a bit of local history, myths, legends and tall stories. While not a formal workshop, I’m always on hand to offer advice and help you get the most out of your camera.
All cameras and levels of experience are welcome. I’ve even had people come without a camera for the experience of looking at the Birmingham in new ways.
- Walks have limited places. You can try turning up on the day but I recommend booking in advance to be sure.
- Sturdy shoes are recommended for outside events as we may go off-road.
- Routes are subject to change.
- In the event of really bad weather outdoor events may be postponed in which case a refund will be offered or credit given for a rescheduled date.
- If you need to cancel, please give 48 hours notice and I will happily reschedule you or issue a credit note. If you do not attend and do not give 48 hours notice I am unable to give credit.
- Children under the age of 16 are welcome if accompanied by a paying adult.
- While walks are guided and there is safety in numbers I cannot take any responsibility for the safety and security of yourself or your equipment. Please be careful and act responsibly.