My Beginners class is pitched as “everything I learned in my first year and in hindsight wondered why it took so long”. It gets you over the initial hump and sets you up to teach yourself.
These Intermediate classes could be described as “everything else, piece by piece”. Photography as a discipline can never fully be mastered. We are always learning new things about the nature of light and how to capture it through a lens.
Each class is 90 minutes long and covers a small selection of subjects so as not to overwhelm. There’s plenty of space for questions and discussion to make sure the concepts are fully understood.
There are currently four classes. They stand alone and can be taken in any order, individually or as a set. If they are popular I may add more.
- Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Programme, Auto, etc.
- They all do the same thing - take photos - but in different ways.
- What are their relative strengths and weaknesses?
Intermediate: Lenses and Focus
- What does something like “Nikon 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-P DX” actually mean?
- How does the lens affect the image?
- Focus modes - what do they do and when should we use them?
Intermediate: Measuring and Metering
- Exposure Values.
- Metering for correct exposure.
- What is White Balance, and when does it matter?
- Bracketing and Continuous shooting.
- Moving on from the Rule of Thirds
- Analysing the “great photographers”.
- Understanding why a photo works.
Suitable for: Those who have completed my Beginners course, or taught themselves the basics of photography.
Requirements: DLSR, mirrorless or similar camera with wide functionality. Enquire if not sure.
Frequency: Occasional, on a Wednesday evening at 6:30pm or 8:30pm.
Standard price: £15 per person.
|Lightroom Basics||July 18||£25||Book|
|Intermediate: Modes||July 25||£15||Book|
|Intermediate: Lenses and Focus||July 25||£15||Book|
|Intermediate: Measuring and Metering||Aug 8||£15||Book|
|Intermediate: Composition||Aug 8||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Nov 13||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Dec 4||£15||Book|