A new walk, devised with the Jewellery Quarter Townscape Heritage project, that looks at how the history of this fascinating area is being preserved for the future, but at what cost?
Suitable for: All levels of photography and all cameras.
Accessibility: Mostly pavements. Pretty good accessibility.
Frequency: Monthly-ish all year.
Starting point: Diamond Quarter shop on Warstone Lane by the Big Peg at 12pm.
Standard price: £10
|City at Night||Dec 4||£15||Book|
|Spaghetti Junction||Jan 6||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Jan 15||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Feb 12||£15||Book|
|Jewellery Quarter||Mar 2||£10||Book|
|Spaghetti Junction||Apr 7||£15||Book|
|Jewellery Quarter||Jun 1||£10||Book|
|Spaghetti Junction||Jul 7||£15||Book|
|Walk Pass||12 months||£45||Buy Now|
What is a Photo Walk?
More a meander than a march, Photo Walks usually cover a mile in 90 minutes, mixing in a bit of local history, myths, legends and tall stories. While not a formal workshop, I’m always on hand to offer advice and help you get the most out of your camera.
All cameras and levels of experience are welcome. I’ve even had people come without a camera for the experience of looking at the Birmingham in new ways.
- Walks have limited places. You can try turning up on the day but I recommend booking in advance to be sure.
- Sturdy shoes are recommended for outside events as we may go off-road.
- Routes are subject to change.
- In the event of really bad weather outdoor events may be postponed in which case a refund will be offered or credit given for a rescheduled date.
- If you need to cancel, please give 48 hours notice and I will happily reschedule you or issue a credit note. If you do not attend and do not give 48 hours notice I am unable to give credit.
- Children under the age of 16 are welcome if accompanied by a paying adult.
- While walks are guided and there is safety in numbers I cannot take any responsibility for the safety and security of yourself or your equipment. Please be careful and act responsibly.