Spaghetti Junction comprises two railway lines, two rivers, three canals and 13.5 miles of motorway. Underneath the monolithic flyovers is a unique landscape which the thousands of drivers who use it every day never see, from the calm of Salford Reservoir to the hidden forests under the concrete brutalism and noise of the flyover itself. The walk lasts three hours – bring a packed lunch and a flask.
Suitable for: All levels of photography and all cameras.
Accessibility: Off-road. Not very accessible.
Frequency: Quarterly, for each season.
Starting point: Powerleague 5-a-side car park. You can park there, get a 65/66/67 bus from Birmingham city centre or train to Aston station.
Standard price: £15
|Jewellery Quarter||Nov 23||£10||Sold Out|
|City at Night||Nov 25||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Dec 10||£15||Sold Out|
|Spaghetti Junction||Jan 12||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Jan 14||£15||Book|
|City at Night||Feb 11||£15||Book|
|Jewellery Quarter||Mar 29||£10||Book|
|Spaghetti Junction||Apr 26||£15||Book|
|Jewellery Quarter||Jun 27||£10||Book|
|Walk Pass||12 months||£45||Buy Now|
Walks for late 2020 will be scheduled late Spring. Subscribe to the newsletter to be informed when they’re ready.
What is a Photo Walk?
More a meander than a march, Photo Walks usually cover a mile in 90 minutes, mixing in a bit of local history, myths, legends and tall stories. While not a formal workshop, I’m always on hand to offer advice and help you get the most out of your camera.
All cameras and levels of experience are welcome. I’ve even had people come without a camera for the experience of looking at the Birmingham in new ways.
- Walks have limited places. You can try turning up on the day but I recommend booking in advance to be sure.
- Sturdy shoes are recommended for outside events as we may go off-road.
- Routes are subject to change.
- In the event of really bad weather outdoor events may be postponed in which case a refund will be offered or credit given for a rescheduled date.
- If you need to cancel, please give 48 hours notice and I will happily reschedule you or issue a credit note. If you do not attend and do not give 48 hours notice I am unable to give credit.
- Children under the age of 16 are welcome if accompanied by a paying adult.
- While walks are guided and there is safety in numbers I cannot take any responsibility for the safety and security of yourself or your equipment. Please be careful and act responsibly.